Karkwa la grande réunion d'octobre 2017

Karkwa la grande réunion d'octobre 2017

Depuis la pause de décembre 2011

Retrouvez les news sur SCOOP.IT !

mercredi 4 février 2009

CBC3 : de l'appetit pour la distraction


Posted by Lisa Christiansen, CBC Radio 3, on févr. 03, 2009

Talking Touring, Kitchen Parties and Junos... In No Particular Order

Coming Up: The Tom Fun Orchestra, Karkwa, Beast

As a native West Coaster, I have always been fascinated by the goings on back East, and I mean way east, as in Maritimes. I've been to Halifax a couple of times but that's as far as I've gone and truthfully I seemed to find more in common than not. I like staying up late and drinking beers and then having a donair. And you'll always find me in the kitchen at parties. But not with instruments and other music makers.

On today's show, Ian MacDougall of the Tom Fun Orchestra joins me for Tour Diary. The band is on their CBC Radio 3 sponsored Pan(Handling) Canadian Boxcar Crusade that takes them East to West in pretty short order. They have to be in Newfoundland by March 1 for the East Coast Music Awards; they have three nominations.

Ian and his other seven band members have a new van and have already done a fair bit of driving. I'll be reaching him in Thunder Bay for a chat about kitchen parties and busking when necessary.

Also on today's show, Juno nominees Karkwa and Beast. I'll speak with Louis-Jean Cormier of Karkwa, and also Betty Bonifassi of Beast.

It's all coming up on Appetite for Distraction from 6-9 p.m. PST, 9-12 p.m. EST...music and meanderings.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Messages les plus consultés

Avertissement: Ce blog à pour but de regrouper et archiver les articles parus sur le net à propos de Karkwa. Il est fait par amitié pour les membres du groupe et leur entourage. Les liens vers les sites et articles d'origine sont faits, les auteurs sont cités lorsque possible. Si quiconque se sentait lésé dans ses droits, il n'aurait qu'a me contacter pour que je puisse remédier à la situation.