Karkwa la grande réunion d'octobre 2017

Karkwa la grande réunion d'octobre 2017

Depuis la pause de décembre 2011

Retrouvez les news sur SCOOP.IT !

jeudi 24 mars 2011

Karkwa put on an absolutely captivating show at SXSW

Bands like 'supergroup' Wild Flag, Montréal's Karkwa and summery-sounding Polock were among the SXSW highlights for The Alternate Side's Alisa Ali, who recaps her personal adventures at the festival. (...)

Karkwa is an indie band from Montréal. How did I not know about them? I love Canadian bands! Oh, and I found out that they won the 2010 Polaris Music Prize. I should be ashamed of myself for being so ignorant and I am. No longer since I just discovered them at SXSW. They put on an absolutely captivating show at the Canada Showcase which was held in a tent across from the convention center. They sing in French and even though I didn't understand a word of their lyrics, I was still enthralled.  One song can go from quietly melodic to loud and heavy rock. There are complicated arrangements but well-organized sound.

Extract from " WILD FLAG, Karkwa And Polock Among SXSW Standouts", The Alternatt Side

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Messages les plus consultés

Avertissement: Ce blog à pour but de regrouper et archiver les articles parus sur le net à propos de Karkwa. Il est fait par amitié pour les membres du groupe et leur entourage. Les liens vers les sites et articles d'origine sont faits, les auteurs sont cités lorsque possible. Si quiconque se sentait lésé dans ses droits, il n'aurait qu'a me contacter pour que je puisse remédier à la situation.